Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sick of Shopping!

SERIOUSLY!!

I AM!!!

REALLY!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
okay, maybe not...

I was at Parkson@Pyramid earlier today with my brother. We were walking around browsing shoes and bags and perfumes. The sales clerks are either TOO persistent or just plain statue-fied!

What's worse, there I was with my brother, looking at the CK bags in the bags department. Just as I was about to pick up one that caught my attention to see how it looks on me, the whole chain of bags fall over, on the table and on the floor. The sales clerks were just standing there, looking at me as tho i'm some kinda idiot and NO ONE CAME to put the bags back into order.

STUPID!

WHY THE HELL would they want to CHAIN ALL THE BAGS together AND HIDE THE DAMN CHAINS! If that's the idea of 'curbing' the theft problem, PUT THE DAMN BAGS INTO GLASS CABINETS LA!

What's worse, the sales clerks just stands around, doing nothing. No one came about offering to unlock the chains to let us have a good look at the bags (without pulling an entire chain of bags from the table).

We walked around the corner to the DKNY and Guess section. Again they are all chained TOGETHER. My brother and I just walked out.

Dont they know that by doing this, they are chasing away potential customers? Or are they intending to humiliate the customers further by staring at them like idiots when they take a bag from the table, causing other bags to fall over because of ONE chain.

sigh..

ON ANOTHER NOTE..

Some sales clerk are JUST. SO. PERSISTENT!

This happens in MOST the boutiques in EVERY SINGLE SHOPPING MALLS!

The moment you enter a store, you will be greeted with a so-called warm welcome. Sometimes too warm that it will just give you goosebump, and naturally, you'll walk out of the store.

Upon entering, you will also be tailed by one sales clerk who follows 1 feet (or less) behind you! They stop when you stop. They take ONE step, when you take one. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this annoying! I understand if the sales clerk are trying to keep an eye on us in case of any theft, but there's really no need to follow behind us like that! Stand aside, where you can give shoppers enough space to browse at their own will and enough for you to keep an eye on them. Following so closely gives us shoppers a really very extremely uncomfortable feeling!

Another one would be the sales clerk Just Would not stop talking!

Every piece of clothing you lay (not removing them from the rack) your hands on, they will start telling you an essay of the other colors that it's available in, promotions and start recomending other 'similar' or 'i-think-you'd-like-this' items!

Some, will go 'this is on 20%'. When there is a HUGE sign above the rack saying '20%'.

I know, i can read. wtf.

OMG...

THAT is the cue for me to just walk out of the store!

1) It is really annoying! Esp when you just want to have a quiet browsing time.

2) We can read.

3) Sales clerk should really leave shoppers alone. If we need help, we will ask for it!

*sigh

I like MNG best today.

no one followed me around like dog.
no one bugged me with the various promotions.
no one preached an essay about the materials and other colors available.

I was left there to do my own shopping, and they were just right there when I needed to ask something.
So comfortable :)

And of coz, I bought something from MNG :D

3 comments:

Shannel said...

YEr. Now I scared. Hehe.

But working at Kookai, we are trained to greet you warmly or just a smile and then let you be. but we will walk to you to let you know our different promotion for the week and let you be.

Next time if you ever walk into Kookai, I'm not serving you :P Cause I SCARED!

sueann said...

aiyoo!!

that is ok. I mean, you explain those that are not obvious ones and let them be mah..

but these ppl will just go on babbling and attempts to dress you in what they think is nice!!

they think they Janice dickinson.. hahaa

Titus Tang said...

I don't shop much, but when I do... I know exactly what you mean lol