Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SOS, some1.. anyone...

Like I've said it before, TECHNOLOGY REPELS ME! WHY!!!!??

Ok, and so, my built-in webcam isnt working. I checked my device in Device Manager, and it shows this:


So, I've tried
  • restoring
  • downloading the driver called sp34746.exe
  • downloading the Ricoh driver
  • scanning the system with DriverAgent and it shows that my webcam is installed properly with working driver.
  • I also tried running my webcam using Quicktime, and nothing came up :(
PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..... It makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that something is wrong with my laptop. It's an HP Pavillion DV2000. Any computer geniuses out there, pleaseeeeeeeeeee help me!!

THanks! :)

1 comment:

-kX- said...

* Uninstall the webcam driver and reboot
* When Vista says that it needs to install driver software, choose "Ask me again later"
* Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager
* Right click the webcam (or what you believe to be the webcam as it may appear as an "unknown device") and choose "Properties"
* Click the Driver tab and then click "Update Driver"
* When given the option, choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
* Type in (or browse for) the location where you extracted the contents of the ZIP file I uploaded, then click Next
* When it has finished, reboot your laptop and hopefully it will work.